Fellow Letterpress Printers
Now that the revisions to the Constitution & By-Laws have been ratified, as included in the October Bundle, on behalf of the Board of Directors, I would like to introduce our new Registrar, Lance Williams [#785], filling the new position created in the new revisions. For several years now, Lance has been voluntarily fulfilling the duties of this position, helping the Board on so many levels and by extension serving all of the APA members.
For clarification, the Registrar is responsible for APA membership records, with particular regard to:
- Maintaining an up-to-date computerized record of all active and inactive members of the APA, including adding new members and marking members as inactive as necessary.
- Recording membership dues and donations to the member database, as reported by the Secretary-Treasurer.
- Performing the attendee registration tasks for the annual APA Wayzgoose, with assistance of the Secretary-Treasurer to handle incoming funds.
- Publishing or have published a current membership directory annually in the June bundle.
A new Contact The Registrar link has been added to the website left sidebar menu to contact the registrar with any issues regarding your membership database information. Of course, you can also update your information using the Update Your Information form as well, as this form is sent to the Registrar, Secretary/Treasurer & Mailer when submitted.
Join me in welcoming Lance Williams to the new position of APA Registrar! And thank you Lance for all that you continue to do for our organization.
Mark Barbour, President
Amalgamated Printers Association
The revisions to the APA Constitution & By-Laws passed by a vote of 82 yeas and 17 nays with 50 abstaining. Thanks to everyone who made their voice heard both through the voting and the general discussions. We have a truly great hobby organization that is now approaching old age at 64 but we remain strong, creative and vibrant! The board and officers remain honored to serve the APA members and continue to lead us forward. October is now approaching so back to your cases and presses and fill up those bundles with your best printing.
On behalf of the Board,
APA 2022 President
The date and location for the 2023 APA Wayzgoose has been set:
The University of Arizona
School of Art, Book Art & Letterpress Lab
June 1-4, 2023
Mark your calendar, and more details will be posted as they become available, most likely in early 2023.
A new, more robust photo gallery plug-in has been added to the website to replace the page based gallery that was used for the 2016 St. Louis Wayzgoose photos. The existing photos have been added to the new gallery system.
If anyone has photos from any past APA Wayzgoose events they would like posted to this new gallery system, please contact the website design manager for submission information by CLICKING HERE.
The APA Wayzgoose Photo Galleries can be accessed by CLICKING HERE or using the link found in the left sidebar of any page.
- Thanks to Sky Shipley [#578] for scans of the official group photos from 1988, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1998 & 2006.
- Thanks to George Chapman [#658] for scans of the official group photos from 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004 & 2009.
- Thanks to Erin Beckloff [#855] for scans of the official group photos from 1977, 1982 & 2015.
- Thanks to Bob Mullen [#398] for scans of the updated identifier map for 1977.
- Thanks to David Smith [#605] for his “unofficial” group photo from 2022.
- Thanks to John Deason [#798] for his photos from the 2016 Wayzgoose in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Thanks to Bruce McDonald [#56] & Esther Smith [#958] for their photos from the 2022 Aloha ‘Goose in Two Rivers, Wisconsin.
THE APA 2022 ALOHA ‘GOOSE
June 9th to the 12th
hosted by Stephanie Carpenter at the amazing
Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum, Two Rivers, WI
INFO AND REGISTRATION: http://apawayzgoose.com
Time travels faster as events get closer, so please take the time to make your reservations to the 2022 Aloha ‘Goose today, if you have not already done so… There is a limit of 100 attendees, and as of today, May 3rd, we are over 2/3rds of the way to that attendance limit.
So, don’t miss out waiting to the last minute. If you are planning to attend, make your reservations on the Aloha ‘Goose Reservations & Payment Page today. We are only taking online reservations, paid by credit card, this year.
The deadline for making your reduced rate reservations at the host hotel: Lighthouse Inn in Two Rivers is May 9th, so you need to make your reservations soon to get this group rate. Check out the Accommodations Page on the Aloha ‘Goose Website. You must call the Lighthouse Inn directly to get this group rate, it is not available through online reservations.